After a whirlwind 2019, which saw Eric Luttrell release his acclaimed debut solo album ‘Into Clouds’ on Anjunadeep, the prolific San Francisco native makes a swift return to the UK imprint with his second LP ‘Lucky Ones’. Kicking off this spring, Eric embarks on his most extensive headline tour to date, with 23 North American shows revealed so far, which includes a performance at the iconic Coachella festival, with more to be announced.
Lead single ‘My Friend The Sun’, out today (January 8)
First breaking into electronic music as part of the OWSLA-affiliated trio The M Machine, Eric launched his solo project in 2016 with the widely supported ‘Need You’ EP, while Anjunadeep catalog favorites ‘Generate’ EP and Annie Mac’s Hottest Record In The World 'Intergalactic Plastic’ followed in quick succession. Now with his highly-praised debut album under his belt, which reached #2 on iTunes Dance Album charts in USA and Canada and #8 in the Official UK Dance Album Charts, Luttrell’s unique brand of quirky melodic house and techno has cemented his name as one of the scenes most hotly tipped talents; opening doors to working with Moby, Tycho, Jai Wolf, and Blossoms all of whom commissioned remixes from Eric.
Whereas ‘Into Clouds’ examined the transitional periods of life, and was reflective of Eric’s mindset at the time of recording, ‘Lucky Ones’ is a celebration. Anchored in themes of gratitude, the LP is a collection of 11 meticulously crafted cuts which see him draw from a deep pool of personal influences, including the likes of The Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana and The Prodigy, his love for San Francisco and Burning Man, time spent as a student in Berlin, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, and even winning the US TV game show, The Price Is Right.
Luttrell offers up a first taster of his new LP with the new club cut, ‘My Friend The Sun’. Bolstering an enigmatic vocal sample with an array of percussion and catchy synth stabs, Luttrell’s first album single demonstrates why he’s been championed by the likes of Annie Mac, Phil Taggart, Kolsch, Lane 8, Mixmag and Billboard, and marks a statement return for the San Franciscan ahead of his anticipated second studio album.
‘Lucky Ones’ is available to pre-order now via Anjunadeep, digitally, on CD and on limited edition 2x12” Vinyl with Luttrell motif die-cut slipcase.
'LUCKY ONES' TRACKLIST:
- What Do You Feel?
- Lucky One
- Universal Theory
- My Friend The Sun
- Synergy 2000
- Find Me
- Albanian Summer
- Some Other Time
- No Pressure
‘LUCKY’ ONES NORTH AMERICA TOUR 2020
- April 2 - Urban Lounge, Salt Lake City, Utah
- April 3 - Effex Night Club, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- April 4 - Bluebird Theater, Denver, Colorado
- April 9 - 45 East, Portland, Oregon
- April 10 - The Showbox, Seattle, Washington
- April 11 - Celebrities Nightclub, Vancouver, British Columbia
- April 12 - Coachella, Indio Polo Fields, California
- April 16 - The Mohawk, Austin, Texas
- April 17 - Stereo Live Houston, Houston, Texas
- April 18 - Stereo Live Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- April 19 - Coachella, Indio Polo Fields, California
- April 23 - Miramar Theatre, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- April 24 - Concord Music Hall, Chicago, Illinois
- April 25 - Exchange Nightclub, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- May 1 - 1015 Folsom, San Francisco, California
- May 2 - Shady Park, Tempe, AZ
- May 7 - Magic Stick, Detroit, Michigan
- May 8 - L’Astral, Montreal, Quebec
- May 9 - CODA, Toronto, Ontario
- May 14 - The Sinclair, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- May 15 - Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York
- May 16 - 9:30 Club, Washington, District of Columbia
- May 17 - Hangout Fest, Gulf Shores, Alabama